Steamed Mussel in Hojicha Wine Nage (Broth)
Steamed Mussels in Hojicha Wine broth
·1-2 TBS butter
·1 shallot, minced
·2 garlic cloves
·1/2 cup white wine
· 3/4 cup fish stock
· 1/2 TBS Hojcha green tea, loose leaf
·1 bay leaf
· 1 lb mussels scrubbed & debeared (keep over ice)
· 2 TBS heavy cream
·2 roma tomatoes, blanched & shocked, seeded and diced
·1 poblano pepper, seeded & diced
· 1 TBS butter,
· Garnish: parsley, lemon (zest & juice)
· Season with salt, pepper, & cayenne pepper
1.Melt butter in pan over medium heat. Sweat shallots until soft, 2 min. Stir in garlic until fragrant. Stir in wine Hojicha tea, and bay leaf and simmer for 2 minutes.
2.Increase heat to high and add mussels. Cover and cook stirring occasionally until mussels open 3-7 minutes.
3.Using slotted spoon, transfer opened mussels to serving bowl, leaving liquid in pot, discard unopened. Remove bay leaf.
5. Whisk in butter, cream and lemon until thickens about 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, pepper and simmer. Garnish with parsley and season to taste. Pour nage (broth) over mussels and serve with toasted bread.
Easy to make and tea-licious to eat…