mmmmm….. Ice Cream!
Jennifer Armentrout, contributor with Fine Cooking, is testing tea ice creams. So I have decided to post my favorite ice cream you scream we all scream for tea cream…Even Obama!!!
Red Rocks Tea Cream
This is a creamy, rich and delicious red tea ice cream.
Serving Size: 10
• 1 quart milk
• 6 TBS RED ROCKS loose leaves, pulverized to powder consistency
• 15 egg yolks
• 1 pound sugar
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 1 cup half & half
1. Bring milk to a boil. Remove from heat and add powdered tea leaves. Mix well.
2. In a separate bowl, beat egg yolks and sugar together until they form a ribbon.
3. Combine egg mixture and milk, then strain into a saucepan.
4. Cook over medium–high heat until just before the mixture reaches a boil.
5. Remove from heat and cool completely over ice water.
6. Beat heavy cream and half & half until frothy.
7. Pour into egg mixture and mix well.
8. Process in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions.
9. Optional Sundae: Serve with chocolate chips, almond slivers, hot fudge & whip cream.
Do you have a favorite tea cream?