Stir-fried Shrimp & Veggies Sprinkled with Tea-sonings
This dish is so easy to make it is tea-diculous…I know it’s not a word, it’s a play on words…
- 2 TBS oil
- 2 TBS garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1 yellow squash, cubed
- 1 green zucchini, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can corn, drained
- Tea-sonings, blend the following ingredients together:
o 1 TBS Moroccan Mint, finely grounded
o 1/2 TBS salt
o 1/4 TBS cilantro
o 1/4 TBS basil
o 1/4 TBS thyme
o 1/4 TBS cayenne pepper
o 1/2 tsp cardamom
o 1/2 tsp oregano
- Heat oil in wok over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Add onion and cook until soft, about 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle 1/2 of teas-soning mixture over garlic and onion, about 1 1/2 TBS. Add shrimp and saute until pink, about 3-4 minutes, remove & reserve. Note: The shrimp don’t have to cook all the way because they will continue to cook after they are removed from heat.
- Add zucchini, squash, bell pepper and corn to wok. Sprinkle the remaining tea-soning mixture and cook until soft but still crispy. Add reserved shrimp and cook to combine for another 1-2 minutes.
Serve with Oolong Fragrant Rice.