Valentine’s Day Cocktail Recipe: Rye Chai Manhattan
Spice up your evening with this is a sweet and sophisticated update on the classic manhattan! A perfect treat to serve up either before or after a cozy Valentine’s dinner in front of the fireplace.
Rye Chai Manhattan
Spice up your evening with this is a sweet and sophisticated update on the classic manhattan cocktail!
- 4 oz rye whiskey
- 2.5 oz sweet vermouth
- 2 teaspoons mile high chai tea
- 1 thin slice fresh ginger
- orange bitters
- Place the sweet vermouth into a lidded glass jar. Add chai tea and fresh ginger and tighten the lid down.
- Shake gently, then let the jar sit for at least 24 hours while the tea leaves and ginger infuse in the sweet vermouth.
- Strain out the tea leaves and ginger the following day.
- Add rye whiskey and infused sweet vermouth to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Roll around gently for 2 minutes to chill down the drink.
Strain and pour into mini cocktail glasses. Add ice, if desired. Top each drink with a dash or two of bitters.
We like using Redemption Rye in this drink. The vermouth becomes largely flavored by the chai and fresh ginger, but I still like to start with smooth, high-quality vermouth, and find that Vino Vermouth Rosso, a locally produced sweet vermouth from Salida, Colorado, works best in this recipe. We hope you enjoy this seductively spicy cocktail and feel free to add it to your repertoire at any time of the year!