Steep your tea in style while keeping it hot with our elegant Japanese-style cast iron teapots. You can feel the weighty quality of these teapots, made entirely of cast iron and enameled inside, with large-volume stainless steel tea infusers for easy brewing and cleaning. Infuse each pot of tea with tradition and ceremony.
Steep your tea in style while keeping it hot with our elegant Japanese-style cast iron teapots. Tetsubins have been used for centuries to brew green tea in Japan and are often adorned with artistic designs and colors. You can feel the weighty quality of these sturdy teapots, made entirely of cast iron and enameled inside, with large-volume stainless steel tea infusers for easy brewing and cleaning. Available in a traditional brown dot hobnail design and a blue dragonfly design, these teapots have a large metal infuser basket to make loose leaf tea easy. Infuse each pot of tea with tradition and ceremony.
- Two designs/sizes: 27oz & 20oz
- Sturdy cast iron / enamel / stainless steel
- Large metal infuser basket
- Keeps tea warm
- Body dimensions - Dragonfly: 6-7/8" wide, 2-3/4" tall; Hobnail: 5-1/4" wide, 2-3/4" tall
Tetsubin Basic Care:
- Do not put on flame or heating element
- Not suitable for dishwasher or microwave
- Do not leave tea or water in the pot overnight
- Rinse and clean the teapot with warm water (no soap necessary)
- Do not use an abrasive scrubber
- Invert the pot, infuser, and lid to air dry thoroughly before reassembling
Traditional Cast Iron Teapot
Naturally insulated teapot from traditional Japanese tea culture
Why The Tea Spot?
Infusing the Goodness
We promote health, wellness, and happiness by empowering people to make tea a part of every day – a vision that has held steadfast since our start in 2004. Our philanthropic company meets the challenges of modern life with the botanical goodness of tea.
Our handcrafted whole leaf teas and modern Steepware® designs make your daily tea practice seamless and fun. We break down all barriers to premium tea, making it easy to steep throughout the day and fuel your adventures. For tea lovers, by tea lovers.
We give 10% of all profits in-kind to cancer survivors and wellness programs. Inspired by our founder, a cancer fighter drawn to tea for its reputed health benefits during her recovery, we’ve donated more than 1 million cups of tea to date. #10percentforwellness