This cocktail’s color and flavors make it ideal to serve at fall holiday gatherings. Give it a shake and let us know what you think in the comments below.
- 2 tsp (or one tea sachet) Turmeric Tonic Chai
- 1 1/2 cups (12 oz) freshly boiled water
- 1 1/2 cups (12 oz) bourbon whiskey
- 2 oz ginger liqueur
- 8 dashes Angostura bitters
- Ice cubes
- Make a strong brew of the Turmeric Tonic Chai by steeping the tea for 10 minutes in freshly boiled water. Strain the leaves out. You should have about 9-10 oz chai tea. Chill it for 2 hours.
- Add the strong chai, whiskey and ginger liqueur to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake gently for two minutes.
- Pour into four cocktail glasses. Add some ice, if desired.
- Add 1 - 2 dashes of Angostura bitters to each drink.
Yields four 6 oz cocktails