MILKY COCONUT OOLONG BOUILLABAISSE
A perfect pair…
COCONUT CABANA OOLONG, a smooth and creamy oolong blended with roasted coconut…
BOUILLABAISSE, a provincial seafood stew with mussels, clams, scallops, shrimp & calamari…
COCONUT CABANA BOUILLABAISSE
Yields: 4 servings
1 qt fish stock
2 TBS COCONUT CABANA
2 TBS olive oil
1 yellow onion, sliced
2 cups leeks, finely sliced
1 tsp garlic, chopped
1/4 tsp fennel seed
1 lb shrimp, shelled & deveined
1 lb calamari
8 oz diced tomatoes, drained
1 cup white wine
1 bay leaf
1/4 tsp dried thyme
2 TBS parsley
salt & pepper to taste
- Bring fish stock to a boil. Add the COCONUT CABANA and steep for 5-6 minutes. Strain the tea leaves and reserve tea stock.
- Heat oil in a straight side saute pan. Add the onions, leeks, garlic and fennel seed and sweat until soften.
- Add shrimp, calamari & scallops, cover & cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add clams & mussels. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato, tea stock, wine, bay leaf, thyme & salt & pepper. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes until clams & mussels open.
- To serve, place equal parts of mussels, clams, shrimp, scallops, calamari and broth in 4 bowls. Garnish with parsley and serve with crostini & rouille.