Blood Orange Mocktail
Strong brews of herbal teas make a great base for delicious mocktails. They’re so colorful and flavorful, you’ll not miss the booze. This combo of our Blood Orange Smoothie, ginger, tart juice and rosemary makes a zippy summertime drink. Ginger beer is actually brewed and fermented. It has far less sugar and carbonation than ginger ale and a stronger ginger flavor.
Yields two tall (12 oz) drinks
- 2 heaping tsp (or one tea sachet) Blood Orange Smoothie
- 1 cup freshly boiled water
- 1/4 cup fruit juice of your choice: lemon and cranberry work well!
- 1 can or bottle (12 oz) ginger beer, chilled
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Ice cubes
- Make a strong brew of the Blood Orange Smoothie by steeping the tea for 8-10 minutes in freshly boiled water. Strain the leaves out and chill the tea for 2 hours.
- Pour the chilled tea concentrate into a cocktail shaker. Add the fruit juice to the tea and shake well.
- Pour ginger beer into two glasses with ice, dividing evenly. Rub the rosemary sprigs between your hands vigorously for a few seconds to release their aroma and place into the glasses with the ginger beer.
- Divide the tea & juice mix between the two glasses. Stir gently and serve.