Darjeeling Darling: Champagne Tea Recipe
The Champagne of teas meets the king of bubbly - and the result will astound you... They were meant for each other!
Servings: 8 champagne flutes
- 3 tsp New Moon Darjeeling tea leaves, yields 1.5 cups tea concentrate*
- 2 tsp sugar, honey, or agave sweetener
- 750-ml bottle chilled sparkling white wine, Champagne, Cava, Spumanti, or Prosecco
- Optional: Pomegranate seeds for garnish
1. *Make Darjeeling tea concentrate:
Place 3 tsp Darjeeling tea leaves in a 16 oz Steeping Mug. Bring 12 ounces of water to boil and cool water for 1 minute bringing water down to about 195. Pour hot water over tea leaves and steep for 4 minutes. Strain out tea leaves. Sweeten with 2 tsp sugar, honey or agave. Chill.
2. Divide tea concentrate amongst 8 champagne flutes. Fill remainder of flutes with chilled sparkling wine. Garnish with pomegranate seeds, if desired.