Miso-Glazed Salmon Infused with RED ROCKS Tea
- 3 lb salmon, cut in 4 – 3/4 lb fillets
- 2 TBS Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 1/2 TBS Sweet Miso Paste
- 2 TBS Mirin (Japanese cooking wine)
- 1 1/2 TBS Hoisin
- 2 TBS Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 TBS Dijon Mustard
- 2 TBS Brown Sugar
- 2 TBS Ginger, minced
- 1 TBS Olive Oil
- 2 TBS RED ROCKS loose tea, yielding 3/4 cup tea concentrate*
*Hot to make RED ROCKS Tea Concentrate: Bring 5 oz water to a boil. Place 2 TBS of tea in a STEEPING CUP or an 8 oz measuring cup. Pour 4 oz hot water over tea leaves, steep for 6 minutes and strain tea leaves. **Reserve tea leaves to make iced tea.
- Clean and pat dry salmon.
- Make RED ROCKS tea concentrate. While steeping, in a medium mixing bowl, combine rice vinegar, miso paste, mirin, hoisin, sesame oil, dijon, brown sugar and ginger. Whisk tea concentrate in miso mixture. Set aside for 15 minutes so the ingredients meld together.
- Cover salmon with miso marinade and chill for at least 30 minutes
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large pan. Sear salmon 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Place salmon in over for 8-10 minutes or until opaque in middle.
- Garnish with lemon and fresh dill or cilantro and serve with sauteed spinach & mushrooms.