Pan Roasted Duck Breasts with Red Rocks Cherry Sauce
Pan Roasted Duck Breasts with Red Rocks Cherry Sauce is an elegant dinner for two that is easy to make…
· 2 duck breast, scored
· Salt & Pepper
Preparation – Duck
1. Pat dry, score & season with salt & pepper.
2. Heat skillet over medium heat until hot, 3 minutes.
3. Lay breast, skin side down, and lower heat a little. Render fat for 15-20 minutes and until skin is golden brown.
4. Flip breast and cook until brown and crispy.
5. Place on baking sheet with rack & place in oven until instant thermometer reads 125-130°, 10 minutes.
Ingredients: Red Rocks Cherry Sauce
· 1 cup chicken stock
· 2 TBS Red Rocks tea
· 1 shallot, minced
· ¼ cup red wine, dry
· 2 TBS dried cherries
· 1 TBS butter
· 1 tsp lemon juice
· Salt & Pepper to taste
Preparation – Red Rocks Cherry Sauce
1. Steep 2 TBS of Red Rocks tea in 1 cup boiling chicken stock for 6 minutes. Strain tea leaves.
2. Pour off all but 1 TBS fat from pan and heat.
3. Add shallots and cook until soft.
4. Add wine and cherries, scraping bottom of pan. Simmer until wine evaporates, 2-3 minutes.
5. Stir in Red Rocks chicken stock concentrate and simmer occasionally, until sauce has reduced and is thickened, about 1/3 cup, 3-5 minutes.
6. Off heat, stir in butter, lemon juice, salt & pepper to taste.