This is an exquisite hand-harvested oolong produced in small batches by a family-run operation that has won many awards in tea competitions throughout China and the US. Their specialty is in making high-end Dancong Oolongs which are unique to their region in the mountainous and humid southeastern corner of Guangdong Province, China. It has complex floral and sweet woody notes, smooth mouthfeel, and a persistent, enchanting aftertaste.
Grown at an altitude of 2000 feet, 8 Immortals Oolong has its own unique tea cultivar. After harvesting the leaves, it goes through a carefully monitored process of sun-drying and repeated oxidizing, rolling, and fluffing. This meticulous crafting yields a tea of abundant natural fragrance that can fill a room. It has complex floral and sweet woody notes, a smooth mouthfeel, and a persistent, enchanting aftertaste. Each infusion of this tea is as diverse and entertaining as the group of folk heroes for whom it is named.
- High-mountain Dancong Oolong
- Origins: Guangdong Province, China
- Award-winning Oolong at Global Tea Championships
- Sample ~ 5 servings
- Bulk 2 oz ~ 37 servings
- Bulk 1/2 LB ~ 148 servings
- AND leaves can be re-infused 3-4 times!
- Caffeine: Medium
- Uplifting, yet reduces Stress Hormone Levels
- Increases Focus and Mental Awareness
- Anti-Bacterial, Anti-Viral
- Anti-Oxidant, Anti-Aging
- Calorie-free, Fat-free, Gluten-free
Tea leaves destined to become oolong teas are “bruised” to allow the release of some of the polyphenol oxidase present in the leaves. Oolong teas are allowed to ferment for less time than black teas before they are heated and dried. Consequently, the catechin, theaflavin and thearubigin levels in oolong teas are generally between those of unoxidized green and white teas and completely oxidized black teas.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.