Holiday Sips: Candy Cane Craze Latte
You can make a tea latte with any steeped tea by adding steamed or frothed milk. These creamy delights are especially popular with Bolder Breakfast, Earl of Grey, spicy chai teas, chamomile, or matcha. They can be hot or iced, dairy or vegan, sweetened and/or flavored.
This year, as we were blending up the return of our best-selling holiday herbal Candy Cane Craze, we perfected this recipe for a warm, soothing nightcap. (It’s naturally caffeine-free).
For each 16-oz serving, you’ll need:
- 3 teaspoons loose leaf Candy Cane Craze tea
- 12 oz water at boiling point
- 1/3 - 1/2 c hot frothed milk (to taste)
- Dash of cinnamon (optional)
- Dash of white chocolate (optional, either melted or syrup)
- Candy cane for stir stick (optional)
- Milk frother or whisk
- 16-oz Holiday tea mug (ideally)
1. Steep the loose leaf tea in the hot water for 8-10 minutes. [Note: you can keep it at its hottest during the steep by doing this in a stainless steel tea tumbler.]
2. Heat the milk to just short of boiling, towards the end of the steeping time.
3. Foam the hot milk.
4. Strain the tea leaves out of the water, and add the foamed milk (with or without added white chocolate).
5. Add a sprinkling of cinnamon on top (optional) or make it extra festive by serving in your favorite holiday mug with a candy cane stir stick.