Smitten By Matcha – How to make the perfect bowl of Matcha
Are you smitten by matcha? We are! Learn how to make the perfect bowl of Matcha using the traditional tools from our matcha ceremony set: a matcha bowl, bamboo whisk, bamboo scoop, & ceremonial-grade matcha.
1) Measure out 1/3 cup (for a thicker Matcha) to 1/2 cup (for a thinner Matcha) of boiling water into a measuring cup and leave it to cool for 3 minutes, until it’s barely too hot to touch (170F – 180F).
2) Place one bamboo tea scoop (1/2 tsp) of Matcha powder in the bowl. Then add one bamboo tea scoop (1/2 tsp) of fresh, cool water to the Matcha in the bowl. Vigorously whisk the pasty mixture, using the bamboo whisk, until it is smooth.
3) Add your desired (either 1/3 c. or 1/2 c.) hot water from the measuring cup.
4) Whisk the Matcha into a nice creamy froth, by filcking your wrist in a back & forth motion. Your grip on the whisk should stay light, so as to keep your wrist free and relaxed. Keep turning the bowl slowly with your non-whisking hand, or alternate the direction of your whisking motion, to mix and oxygenate all the liquid in the bowl.
5) Admire and enjoy the healthy and wholesome bowl of Matcha you just made!
Find all of these matcha making tools in our Smitten by Matcha kit, currently available online for $55.00.